Machaton Private Camp
Machaton Private Camp is situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, which is a wildlife-rich concession of land adjoining the western border of the Kruger National Park. The amalgamation of public and private land in the area forms “The Greater Kruger Park” area. There are no fences between the Timbavati and the Kruger National Park, which allows for the free movement of the animals between the Reserves.
*It is important to note that guests wishing to visit Simbavati from the Kruger National Park are unable to enter the property via the bush/park, but will have to exit the park and approach via the tar road (see directions).
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Description||1 Nov 2019 to 31 Oct 2020|
|Luxury Suite single - Full Inclusive||R16 100|
|Luxury Suite per person sharing - Full Inclusive||R9 200|
|Sole Use (max. 10 guests) Upto 6 guest- Full Inclusive||R50 595|
|Luxury Suite 3rd/4th person - Full Inclusive||R6 900|
|Additional Adult Full Inclusive||R6 900|
|Children 4 - 11 yrs Full Inclusive||R4 605|
Please note: Machaton Private Camp can accommodate up to 10 guests in 3 Luxury Suites.
- About Camp
- Photographic Safari
Timbavati Private Game Reserve is home to the popular Big Five and other wildlife animals such as buffalo. Enjoy a sundowner as the sunsets in the Timbavati and watch the beautiful stars light up at night. Guests are able to try their hand at fishing in the dam or enjoy a photographic safari with a professional who will teach guests about taking the best wildlife photo.
Guests can view lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino, in over 10 000 hectares (24 000 acres) of traversing area, also home to over 40 mammal species and 350 bird species. Bird-lovers would struggle to replicate this calibre of bird watching anywhere else in the world, with the Timbavati featuring over 360 different species.
The dry months of June to September is peak wildlife viewing time in Timbavati. August to September is a desirable time to visit, as the temperature warms up and sightings are made even easier because animals gather around predictable water sources.
- all standard meals,
- two game drives per day,
- selected drinks (selected spirits, house wines, local beers and soft drinks).
- Other drinks (see above*),
- private transfers,
- laundry service,
- other items of a personal nature,
- Timbavati Conservation Levy (which may be prepaid) of R328 per person per day & R164 per child under 12 per day (subject to change without prior notice), and the vehicle entry fee of R160 only payable at the Timbavati Control Gate
Minimum stay: 2 nights
- a 10% deposit is due within 7 days (for FIT) or 25% within
- 14 days (for Groups) from date of reservation to guarantee the booking.
- Easter and Christmas periods’ bookings require a 25% non-refundable deposit.
- The balance is to be settled 30 days prior to the arrival of the guests.
Cancellation fees (up to 3 rooms, for 4 or more rooms see T & C’s):
- Up to 61 days prior to arrival: 10% cancellation fee of the full booking value
- 31 to 60 days prior to arrival: 25% cancellation fee of the full booking value
- 15 to 30 days prior to arrival: 75% cancellation fee of the full booking value
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: 90% cancellation fee of the full booking value
- No children under 12 years of age unless the camp is booked for sole use
Complimentary Scheduled Transfers
We offer scheduled transfers at set times to coincide with the scheduled flights into and out from Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport. Please note that this is a scheduled transfer and you will be sharing with other guests coming to the lodge. If you are planning to drop a rental car at Hoedspruit Airport, please ensure that you arrive well before the flight arrival time as unfortunately we cannot wait for late arrivals.
The transfer time is approximately one hour in and one and a half hour out. Please note the complimentary transfers exclude the vehicle entry fee of R140 (subject to change) payable at the gate. For VAT purposes, the transfer is zero rated and valued for 2019 at R1440, R730 and R440 for single, sharing and 3rd/4th person respectively per room. No discount/refunds are applicable for transfers not used.
- Scheduled Collection Times from Hoedspruit – 11:20 & 13:20
- Scheduled Departure Times from Simbavati – 09:30, 10:30 & 11:30
- All complimentary transfers need to be pre-booked as we only meet flights if we have guests on that flight.
Private transfers from Hoedspruit, Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, Phalaborwa Airport or the Timbavati Gate, can be arranged should your arrival not coincide with those above. Please ask for our Transfers Rate Sheet. Private transfers are not available to Trails Camp guests.
|Stay 4 nights, pay 3 nights||01 May 2020 - 31 Jan 2021|
|Secret Safari: Simbavati reserves the right to allocate the booking to any
one of our four 4* safari lodges.
|01 May 2020 - 31 Jan 2021|
|Enquire about our Exclusive Use rates
- Accommodation, all meals, two safari game activies per day, water, tea, coffee and a daily sundowner drink.
- All other drinks, babysitting, private transfers, gratuities, laundry service, other items of a personal nature.
- Conservation levies, bed levies and gate entrance fees.
- Timbavati Conservation Levy (will be added to invoices for prepayment, or collected at the lodge directly) of R100 per adult per night and R200 per child under 12 years per night (subject to increase from 01 Jan 2021).
- The vehicle entrance fee of R190 is only payable at the Timbavati Control Gate Gate (subject to increase from 01 Jan 2021).
- Return transfers from Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport (HDS). Please note special conditions for Simbavati Trails Camp.
Conservation Levies and Additional Reserve Fees (subject to change).
- Timbava Conservati on Levy of R100 per adult per night and R200 per child under 12 years per night (will be added to invoices for prepayment, or collected at the lodge directly).
- A vehicle entrance fee of R190 is only payable at the Timbavati Control Gate.
- Klaserie Bed Levy of R150 per person per night.
- Klaserie Conservation Levy of R200 per person per night.
Child Policy (Children of all ages are welcome):
- Between 0 – 3 years; no charge and includes all meals
- Between 4 – 11 years: 50% of per person sharing rate when sharing with parents in family chalets
- 12 years & older sharing with parents in family chalets; 3rd/4th person rate applicable
- Child sharing with a parent in a Luxury Safari Tent: per person sharing rate applicable
- Children 6 years & over are allowed on Game Drives. Families with younger children may arrange a private vehicle prior to arrival. Please ask us for our Children’s activities, if you require further information.
|1 May 2020
to 31 Jan 2021
Luxury Suite / Family Chalets -
2 Adults in a Luxury Suite / 2 Adults + 2 children in a
Luxury Suite / Family Chalets -
2 Adults in a Luxury Suite / 2 Adults + 2 children in a
Valid for SADC residents only (a copy of SA ID / SADC passport / work permit will be required when making the reservation).
- Accommodation, all standard meals, two game drives per day, beverages (excluding premium brands and cellar wines) and
- Return transfers from Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport (HDS). Please note special conditons for Simbavati Trails Camp.
- All other drinks, babysitting, private transfers, gratuies, laundry service, other items of a personal nature, Timbavati Conservation Levy (will be added to invoices for prepayment, or collected at the lodge directly) of R400 per adult per night and R200 per child under 12 years per night (increasing to R424 per person and R212 per child from 01 Jan 2021).
- A vehicle entrance fee of R190 is only payable at the Timbavati Control Gate (subject to change from 01 Jan 2021).
Simbavati Trail Camp Transfers
Scheduled Transfers are compulsory (no private cars can drive to the camp).
Collection Time from Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport (HDS) – 13:45.
Departure Time from Simbavati Trails Camp – 11:00.
Kindly note that there is only one daily return transfer from HDS.
Self-drive guests will also have to use this transfer. If you are planning to drop a rental car at Hoedspruit Airport, please ensure that you arrive well before the scheduled departure time, as unfortunately we cannot wait for late arrivals. The transfer time is approximately 11⁄2 hour.
Notes and other Rates
Pilot / Driver’s Room: R1 140 (excl. drinks, game drives subject to availability)
Tour Leader / Guide: R1 320 (only with a minimum of 10 paying guests)
A range of activities in Timbavati Game Reserve, showcasing spectacular wildlife and beautiful landscapes, ensure its place in the upper echelons of the South African wildlife safari industry.
Timbavati Private Game Reserve ensuring that guests have an opportunity to view the greatest diversity of wildlife that South Africa has to offer.
Big 5 game drives take place in the early morning and late afternoon/evening, ensuring game sightings at times when the animals are naturally most active. Nocturnal animals, including the big cats, are regular sightings at night. Currently over 40 mammal species are to be found in the Timbavati, including the Big 5 of Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo and Elephant. The area is also a bird-watcher’s paradise, as many as 360 species of bird life have been documented here.
Your day includes:
- Early morning tea/coffee
- Game Drive (approx 3+ hours)
- Mid-morning breakfast on the dining deck
- Time to relax, enjoy a spa treatment before and after lunch or visit Mutimu, Simbavati’s community project.
- Afternoon Tea
- Afternoon/evening game drive (approx 3+ hours)
- Dinner on the deck, or around the fire in the open- air boma
At a glance:
- A unique game viewing experience.
- Daily morning and afternoon game drives with experienced guides and trackers.
- 3 Luxury Suites that have a beautiful game viewing deck with the option of a river view or bush view.
- Stargazing, swimming, and boma dinners.
- 3 Luxury Suites, one with a King size bed and a Queen size daybed and two with a Twin or King size bed and a Queen size daybed.
- The en-suite bathroom is accessed through the main bedroom and offers a double basin, bath and outdoor shower.
- Each dayroom opens onto a private terrace through wide opening doors.
In Roon Amenities
- A private game viewing deck
- Ceiling fan
- Mini bar with drinks and snacks
- Coffee and tea-making facilities
- Complimentary eco-friendly, biodegradable products
- Eco-friendly insect spray
- Electric blankets for the winter season
- Laundry services. A laundry bag is supplied in the room
- Safe for storing valuables
- Game-viewing terrace overlooking the river, sitting room with books and board games.
- Plunge pool, with panoramic views of the Nhlaralumi River.
- Complimentary internet access.
- Bar Lounge.
- Spa in-room treatments.
- Low level electric fence.
About Our Photographic Safaris
Unmatched in the wildlife photographic industry is our specialized photographic game drive vehicle – based in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve bordering the Northern region of the Kruger National Park. With no fences between the two reserves the animals move freely within more than 20 000 square kilometers of wilderness area.
The Timbavati Private Nature Reserve is renowned for its great wildlife sightings some of which are the endangered white lion, leopard, wild dog, cheetah and many, many more – combined with our photographic vehicle, a professional wildlife photographer and Simbavati River Lodge – it promises to be an unforgettable experience.
Our professional photographer will ensure that you benefit from one on one instruction on everything from how to achieve the best position for the ultimate wildlife shot to professional tips on image editing,including both a pre-game drive and post-drive briefing.
We offer guaranteed Photographic Safaris on set departure dates. Keen photographers can join a Professional Photographer for all game drives who will assist you with taking better wildlife shots. Youcan bring your own equipment but some equipment is also available for hire at the lodge.
The photographic safaris use our specially adapted photographic vehicles with four swivel seats, special camera mountings and low sides for maximum photographic opportunities.
|Guaranteed Departure Dates and Rates|
|Set Departure Dates||Per Person Sharing Rate||Single Supplement Rate|
|20 - 24 March 2019||R44 000||R52 580|
|01 - 05 May 2019||R44 000||R52 580|
|19 - 23 June 2019||R44 000||R52 580|
|18 - 22 September 2019||R44 000||R52 580|
|13 - 17 November 2019||R44 000||R52 580|
Photographic Package Inclusions
- 4 nights luxury accommodation
- All meals daily
- Tuition by a professional photographer
- Specialised photographic vehicle
- Daily game viewing activities
- Post production / editing tips
- Beverages, personal items, gate fee and conservation levy
- Spouse and child packages are available
Photographic Equipment Rental
We have everything you need to bring your photography to life.
The following equipment is available at the lodge for hire:
R750 per day (body and lens)
R 400 per day (lens)
Choose between the Canon or Nikon Kit.
To pay homage to our unparalleled cultural heritage, we bring you traditional African massage. Indulge in a selection of our country’s authentic and traditional massage techniques with our highly skilled and trained therapists who will relax and rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit.
Rejuvenation Herbal Oil Massage
Full Body Treatment
You may choose from a range of Africology® aromatherapy infused massage oils, which are warmly applied and massaged deeply onto the body. This therapy is for relaxation as well as combatting tension in stiff, aching bodies. Your therapist will assist you in choosing the oil best suited for you from one of the
following blends: Relaxing, Energising, Skin Conditioning and Vetiver.
Back, Neck, Shoulders & Head
The treatment is a perfect way to rest and relax. Starting at the feet, working all pressure points connected to the rest of the body, it leads up to the back, neck
and shoulders. This specialised treatment will ease tension and stress through touch and aromatherapy.
This foot treatment concentrates on the delicate areas of the feet, back, neck and shoulders. The therapist uses natural techniques of pressure points derived
from traditional African medicine to stimulate and balance the body.
30 minutes: Feet and up to the knee sitting on a chair
60 minutes: Foot and full leg done lying down:
Hot Stone Massage
While providing additional pressure, the stones infuse muscles with warmth while easing up knots of tension and help rejuvenate the body. Oils are chosen by the therapist best suited for your skin with added hydrating properties.
Full Body Treatment
Intonga Amasatchi® is a deep tissue and stress-relieving treatment. Skilful movements are performed with the hands, and differently sized wooden sticks
are used to stretch tight muscles and ease toxic overload from daily stress. Symbolically, the stick or staff represented wisdom and direction to the healer.
Created from yellow wood, the traditional healer knew that the energy of earth was a valuable tool.
African Yoga Treatment
Full Body Treatment
Inspired by traditional yoga movements, this massage works effectively with body re-alignments of the spine by performing stretching movements. This
allows for more free flow of energy whilst gentle pressure is applied to specific areas. This treatment is performed on a specially designed floor mattress.
Dressed in a light weight suit, the massage is done in the absence of oil but client may request oil to be used on the back.
Africology® Manicure and Pedicure
For a beautiful relief from the high-energy nature of everyday life, join us for an experience with a difference. Your hands or feet will be massaged, your nails
shaped and your skin richly hydrated with our all-natural products designed to undo environmental damage to your skin.
Manicure 60 min:
Pedicure 60 min:
French R 100 extra