Kambaku River Sands
Being completely unfenced the camp is home to a continuous stream of game, with almost daily up close and personal experiences with Elephant, Buffalo, Hyena, Warthog and Bushbuck to name but a few.
Experience luxury at its best – spoil yourself in the spa, enjoy a game of chess in our proudly South African premium wine cellar, have a cocktail whilst watching Elephants drink from the pool, or work up a sweat in our private gym.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
1 Jan 2020 to
31 Dec 2020
|Thatched Luxury Suites - Adult per night sharing||R8 720|
|Child (2 -11 years)||N/A|
1 Jan 2021 to
31 Dec 2021
|Thatched Luxury Suites - Adult per night sharing||R9 700|
|Child (2 -11 years)||N/A|
- Daily Programme
The programme is adjusted according to the season, to accommodate the heat, and may vary. The below is intended as a guideline only:
|Summer (September – April)||Programme||Winter (May – August)|
|4:30 am||Morning wakeup call & Tea / Coffee||5:30 am|
|5:15 am||Game drive departs||6:15 am|
|10:00 am||Game drive returns & Brunch is served||10:00 am|
|Leisure time||Spa treatment / Gym / Hide||Leisure time|
|4:00 pm||High tea is served||3:00 pm|
|4:30 pm||Afternoon game drive departs||3:30 pm|
|8:00pm||Game drive returns & Dinner is served||7:30 pm|
Space. And time. These two concepts frame how we see the world. And yet for most of us, daily life only allows for space and time in finite amounts. Now for a new perspective.
At Kambaku River Sands, we’ve created an experience that will give you all the space and time you need to pause, breathe in and reconnect with the here and now. Our rooms and bathrooms are designed to create an atmosphere of blissful solitude. Glass-encased spaces invite the outside in as you immerse yourself in the vastness of the surrounding nature.
The beauty of the Timbavati Game Reserve is unfenced and open, waiting to be discovered. Kambaku River Sands is a place of sanctuary for Africa’s Big 5: the leopard, lion, rhinoceros, elephant and buffalo and more. Our game rangers are seasoned experts and will furnish you with all the information you need as you encounter indigenous wildlife thriving in their natural habitat. Their home will become yours.
Kambaku River Sands is equipped to cater to your every need. Treat yourself to world-class cuisine and specialist wine tastings, dine alfresco or alongside the riverbed surrounded by camp fires. Enjoy an all-inclusive, five-star experience that begins with a warm welcome and ends with a longing to return.
Kambaku River Sands has received international acclaim for being one of the most frequented safari lodges in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve.
Arrive expectant. Leave enchanted.
A range of activities in Timbavati Game Reserve, showcasing spectacular wildlife and beautiful landscapes, ensure its place in the upper echelons of the South African wildlife safari industry.
Timbavati Private Game Reserve ensuring that guests have an opportunity to view the greatest diversity of wildlife that South Africa has to offer.
The Sunset Spa, situated at Kambaku River Sands, is designed to provide guests with a retreat into stillness – a place where you can unwind and reconnect with your senses. Cool, fresh colour ways invite a sense of tranquillity in as you treat yourself to a massage, facial or tailor-made package. We’ve even got something for little ones. Allow our hospitable team of therapists to facilitate an experience of blissful serenity. We are here to serve you.
THE SUNSET SPA
Guests from both Kambaku lodges are invited to make use of the spa and wellbeing centre:
The Sunset Spa features:
- Two treatment rooms
- A fitness center
- Refreshing plunge pool
- Gents’ & ladies’ steam & sauna rooms
Kambaku River Sands
- All rates are quoted in ZAR, and are inclusive of VAT. Subject to availability.
- Rate charged at per person per night
- Rate changes: All rates quoted are subject to change without prior notice, however all rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured
- Minimum of 2 nights stay
- 4-star Deluxe Lodge
- Children 12 and over
- Luxury Air-con Suites
Peak seasons: All bookings for this period may only be confirmed with a 25% non-refundable deposit.
Group reservations: Only applies to bookings consisting of 12 guests or more. A 25% non- refundable deposit is required to secure the booking.
Rates are Inclusive of:
- 2 Game drives per day | Bush Walks | Hide | Wi-fi | Meals, tea & coffee | Local Beers & Soft drinks | Gym
Rates are Exclusive of:
- Curio Shop purchases | Spa | Transfers & Day Excursions | Private Safari Vehicle | Gratuities | Laundry
Private Vehicle: charged/day: R 6500
Wedding packages - POR
- If travelling in a group please advise the Manager on duty how the bills will be split.
- Dietary Requirements
- Kambaku can cater for the following dietary requirements provided we are made aware of such requirements in advance – Vegetarian / Lactose intolerant /vegetarian meals
- Please advise us of any allergies on arrival (Nuts, Alcohol etc.)
- We regret we do not provide halaal or kosher meals.
8 Rooms (16 guests)
- All rooms are en-suite
- Double indoor showers
- Outdoor showers
- Tea & Coffee Facilities
- Spa Baths
- Digital Safes, Mosquito & Insect repellent can be found in all rooms.
- A 50% deposit is required to secure all reservations.
- Full payment is required 30days prior to arrival
Only written cancellations will be accepted – please ensure that you receive written acknowledgement of the cancellation from reservations.
Cancellation charges will apply if the booking has been confirmed in writing by the party making the booking.
- 8 calendar weeks prior to arrival – 50% of full amount
- 6 calendar weeks prior to arrival – 75% of full amount
- 4 calendar weeks or less prior to arrival – 100% of the full amount
Check in / Check out Times
Check in: 14H00
Check out: 11H00
Alternative times may be arranged subject to an extra charge
- Regrettably only children of 12 yrs and older can be accommodated.
- Please note that there are no family suites, however a foldaway bed is available should a child wish to share with their parents.
Insurance & Indemnity
- As the camp is unfenced, guests are required to sign indemnity on arrival. It is highly recommended that all guests take out personal travel insurance. Guests will be escorted around the camp after nightfall.
We strive to cater for all tastes and dietary requirements, and are happy to cater for dairy free, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, Halal and banting diets.
Make Kambaku your wedding destination and invite the enchantment of the African wild into your special day. We offer three different packages, each catering to a specific level of needs. Our enthusiastic team will discuss the finer details with each couple accordingly. Our safari-style lodges can accommodate between 2 and 36 guests.